Support Engineer Professional
- Empresa LUMATA
- Localidad Madrid
At Lumata, 500 professionals operate across 6 continents bringing over 10 years of experience in helping companies tap into mobile marketing opportunities and explore new ways to engage with customers on the move. Our vision is to create the most meaningful interactions between operators, OEMS, brands and their consumers over the world’s most prevalent digital channel – mobile
The System Administrator Support Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will be working with an Agile-process development team to consistently deliver new features and grow business. This is a very hands-on position that will have direct influence over network and system architecture, including building functionality into products, as well as the design of our numerous applications and systems.
As part of the Ops team, DevOps Engineers work with the Development Team to provide high availability services to our clients. Part of running an HA platform includes on-call duties as well as off-time upgrades and maintenance. System administrator support engineers provide input on and execute security and deployment practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running general day-to-day server management.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can take charge of initiatives, drive positive change in the team and lead us into the future of operational technologies and methodologies.
This individual will be responsible supporting our growing infrastructure and help take us into the future with continuous deployment for our products and services. This individual must be a great communicator and work effectively in a team.
We offer you a responsible position in a young and globally successful company with an interesting and diversified scope of duties. In an exciting industry you will work with highly professional colleagues, an international company culture that is also a lot of fun!
- University degree in Networking, Computers, Engineering or related field
- +2 years Systems Admin Experience
- Good Administration skills of Linux Os
- Able to independently deploy applications in Linux boxes
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP)
- Apache administration
- Tomcat/Jetty administration
- Skills in Software Release Management and Automated Deployment (Jenkins, Puppet and similar)
- Skills in:
o Shell scripting
o Python knowledge
o SQL Databases: MySQL
o No SQL Databases: Mongo DB
- Able to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Prepare schedules and comply with them
- Flexible during times of change.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to co-ordinate and motivate team members who come from a broad spectrum of cultures, backgrounds and skill levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in turns to provide on call support for 24x7 service
SA Engineering and Provisioning
• Engineering of System Administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Automation Deployment and rollback procedures
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Experience with configuration management tools desired (e.g. Chef/Puppet)
• Work closely with architects, project manager, application programmers, quality assurance testers, and data analysts
Operations and Support
• On call 24x7 service (1 week per month).
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Ability to excel in a high-paced, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented environment
• Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise within SLA timeframes
• Interact with client customer care and technical support organization via telephone and e-mail providing technical support and problems solving abilities
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Provide technical support to internal content team.
• Ensure that activities meet timelines and schedules
• Provide weekly project status reports
• Timely escalations when appropriate
• Apply change requests to running platform
• Environments management/ Deployments
• Serve as a point of escalation for Customer Care and monitoring agents
• Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems
• Log all details in appropriate tracking tools
• Provide root cause analysis reports post resolution
• Participate in training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements
• Actively participate in the improvement of knowledgebase documentation
3 a 5 años
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido