IT Customer Service Consultant
- Company: Flumotion Services, S.A.
- Location: Barcelona
Flumotion is a leader in online video and audio technology. Its multiple award winning services include an Online Video Platform and Online Radio Platform that maximize content monetization and return on investment.
The Software as a Service solution covers the entire value chain and transforms a single video or audio stream into value added content. It adapts live and on demand videos to all devices, allowing companies of any size to reach 100% of their audience.
Services include acquisition, encoding, automated archiving, multi-format transcoding, content delivery, state-of-the art interface design, asset management and rich media ad monetization.
World leading telcos such as NTT, British Telecom and Telefónica rely on Flumotion’s technology and expertise. Online Media Platform clients include Cuatro, Telecinco, Nestlé, L’Oréal, DRL, Open Video Alliance.
The Customer Service Consultant will be providing aftersales support to clients of the company’s new flagship service in the U.S. This market unique service enables broadcasters of any size to stream their live content to all different devices on the market. The cloud based Software as a Service transcodes a single input stream into multiple formats, codecs and qualities in real-time. You will be part of a multiple award-winning team based in Barcelona, whose developments have been recognized on an international level by players such as Google WebM and TechCrunch.
The service is sold through an e-commerce site. Therefore, the Customer Service Consultant will be in charge of helping new clients on things such as setup, configuration and other product related questions.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in technical customer support, is a good communicator, has a passion for technology and is willing to learn more about the exciting world of multimedia content delivery through the Internet.
- Technical Customer support for our US clients through the phone and ticketing system.
- Help with setup, configuration and product related questions.
- Produce relevant documentation (technical descriptions, FAQ’s, etc) based on interaction with clients.
- Structured reporting to Operations Manager.
- Utilize gathered information from clients to help drive the Quality Assurance of the service.
- Night shift – from 16.00 to 00.00
- Native or almost native English speaker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Online video platform /live transcoding concepts understanding.
- Experience in customer service and first level support.
- Self-driven, able to work with autonomy.
- Willing to learn, team working and quality improvement.
- Availability to travel.
Position Special Skills
- Extensive knowledge of online video platform technology.
- Technical communication skills.
- Experience providing support in multimedia, telecommunications or IT infrastructure products/services.
- The opportunity of being a part of a rapidly growing company.
- The possibility of actively participate in the business results.
- Working in an international environment.
- Possibility of incorporation after the internship.
- Fixed salary and bonus plan based on performance.
- Private health care.
- Stock options.